Friday, May 23, 2014

Food for thought: How Are You Showing Up?

Food for thought:    How Are You Showing Up?


I teach clients how to create a lasting and powerful network. Part of that is really looking at how you show up and how you make the person "standing" in front of you feel. Are you being the Host/Hostess or your own space(TM)? Do you make that person feel like they are important?

It goes beyond meeting someone on the phone or in a room at a networking event.

What happens after your initial Meeting?

Time is the biggest gift that I can give anyone. I have so many moving parts in my business. If I schedule time for you... I am showing you that I value you enough to make time for you in my life AND in my business.


When I say that I will meet you. I do. I have driven back from Los Angles to make an appointment. I drove back from a funeral in Sacramento to meet with another busy industry leader... I made a midweek appointment with a leading woman entrepreneur even though I had 3 speaking engagements in 3 different cities this week.

We are all important. Each person that I schedule is important. I am important. I do everything that I can to accommodate people... So that both of our schedules can coordinate. We are all busy.

When you change times with me, reschedule, and then not follow through it sends a very clear message.  Life happens and things come up. BUT, when you reschedule with me because your appointment after mine cancelled and you don't want to make the drive to just meet with me....  You are sending a very clear message about how much you respect or value me, my business and my time.

This happened to me 3 times in the last 4 years. Two of the 3 have since come back and have asked me to help them with their business and have asked me for favors...



So, I ask you? How are you showing up in your life and in your business? Authentic? Consistent? In integrity? How do you look in public and in your private transactions? Are they consistent?

If you are planning on moving through this business community for years to come... Remember that how you show up today is how people will remember you tomorrow. It's not always about what you do... It's about how you make people feel.

Be gracious, Be consistent... Authentically want the best for yourself & Others... Be charming so that people know who they are dealing with every time you show up. It will help you build an empire!

With Gratitude,
Kimberly Reyes
Pathfinder, Lifestyle Curator, Master Networker, Author & Speaker
Founder/Principal 

Helping you design a life connected to your true North

4 comments:

  1. It's so important to respect someone's time and commitment. Thank you for the reinforcement that what I do is important and that my time has value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen,
      Thank you for the comment! Your time is valuable! Time is definitely the biggest gift we have to give... :-) Keep up the good work!
      Kimberly

      Delete
  2. Loved your message in Shell Beach on Friday, Kimberly! None of us can do it alone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Shell Beach was an awesome event! Thanks again Sherill! No... None of us can do it alone...

      Delete