Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Journey to Your True North... What Guides You?


As I prepare for my soon to be released TV show

Pathfinder Series
A Journey to Your True North

I search to see what guides and motivates you to keep moving and searching for your authentic self? 







I BELIEVE

Everyone Has A Story 
A journey that has brought them to this place in their lives. 
An Evolution of Family Struggles & Personal Victories...
Symbols & Stories... Folklore & Myth. Truth & Traditions.... 

All Food for thought on this Journey to find 
My True North and to Guide You to Discover Yours as well.


In the days of self-help, self-development and the search for information... 
What is the source of that inner drive?


Most of us have anchors that lend to our sense of self: community, family, religion... history. But, what keeps us searching for more... An end point, a goal, a grand plan for life the keeps us shifting, growing and moving forward. Drive --- 

I help clients on a daily basis to gain clarity; in this age where information is at our fingertips and there is an overload of coaching and education... It can paralyze us and keep us churning in place... loosing the path to move forward toward our True North. Drive mired by too much information, without a way to process it and put the knowledge into actionable steps... 




Sitting here taking a look at the things that drive me...  My internal compass and what makes me tick, 

I am drawn back to the innate gifts of my ancestors. 

I was not raised in or around my tribe, 
yet I clearly have traits that are strengths among my people...



My Northeastern Native American Tribe - The Passamaquoddy doesn't look like the Indians that you see in the movies... Yet... It looks like me. Is my internal compass guided by my ancestors?
  • In doing my research their medicine wheel has a True North that points to empathy. Their healers desired & developed this gift.
    • I am a strong empathic intuitive from birth, which I use to help heal and bring clarity to my clients.
  • The Passamaquoddy were spear fishermen and lived on the water. Their lives depended on it.
    • I am innately drawn to the water. I am miserable without water and I am at calm and peace when in or around water... Many times it's not enough to touch water... I need to physically cross a body of water...
  • Folklore of the Passamaquoddy includes stories of mermaids...
    • I have often joked that I was a mermaid in a past life...
  • Folklore for my tribe looks & feels different than Western Tribes. It resembles Russian Folklore.
    • Another passion of mine is Russian art and history from the period that is closely related to the folklore of the Passamaquoddy. I am innately drawn to it.
  • The tribe is located in upstate Maine and into Nova Scotia.
    • I have been drawn to the Northeast since I was a child and have identified with the East Coast more than the West Coast. 
  • They were world-class craftsmen when it came to birch-bark canoes. They also practiced highly decorative forms of basket-weaving, and carpentry.
    • Art and the creation of items has been a cornerstone in my life since birth and I have made a living most of my life through that create outlet. 
  • The particular traditional types of art and patterns would be something that I would be drawn to... without knowing or seeing it prior to my research. Very Unique in nature and design.
    • Art speaks to my soul. I am emotionally driven by art 
  • They maintained a nomadic existence in the well-watered woods and mountains of the coastal region
    • I never get lost... You can drop me in the middle of the wilderness and I can find my way home. It has happened. I have led a group of lost hikers out of the wilderness when they were lost on a hike. Whether urban or rural... I don't need a map. I have a keen Spacial awareness. This is a gift...


Has my Native American genes and ancestral lifestyle canalized certain behaviors, likes and desires so deeply in me that it drives me today? Coincidences? Maybe... This is just food for thought...


What symbols, patterns or influences can be 
connected with your journey & the creation of your story? 

We All Have a Story
I can't wait to hear Yours

Pathfinder Series
A Journey to Your True North
~Will air Late Summer~






Kimberly Reyes
Clarity & Growth Mentor, Master Networker,TV Host/Producer ,Author & Speaker
Founder/Principal 

Kimberly Reyes Lifestyle by Design

Helping you design a life connected to your true North

krlifestylebydesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment