Friday, September 20, 2013

Blog: Good From Bad... The Journey



My family had a scare with my sister's recent health issues... She has been in horrific pain and suffering. It is such an awful thing... How can I find the positive?... How can I not? 
That is part of my personal journey... Gratitude comes from being able to pinpoint and appreciate the Gifts.


I know that I am the bridge that connects people. 
It shows up in all areas of my life. I have just always known who the new person in the room is, what they need and who they need to meet. I have held that place in every organization and group that I have ever been in: a natural fit. That holds true in my family as well...





My brother and sister are quite a bit older than I am. They are close in age. I followed behind about 7 or so years later. Being close in age has it's challenges. Those are challenges that I didn't really have to experience. It did affect the relationship between my siblings...

As adults, I have always been the bridge to connect the family. For years it was with nephews and siblings. I did the same thing with my exes family through our whole marriage. Some years there would have been no connection if I had not been the constant hostess and inviting and inviting.

 I am not complaining. I love being a hostess...



Here is one of the biggest gifts that came from my sister's pain. 


The entire family showed up for her. 
My brother showed up in a BIG way. 
I was able to connect with both of my siblings at the same time in a way that I have never been able to do before. 
I connected with them each individually... 
but, never together because they did not connect to each other. 




That changed...



I saw the connection and closeness grow between my brother and sister like I have never seen in my lifetime. It was a gift to see and experience. I was asked if I was jealous because I have always been close with my brother and he has always treated me like a princess and protected me.
 My answer is an astounding NO. 

It is a gift and a blessing to see him give to her what I have experienced my whole life.





I cannot even express the feeling that I got when I walked into the hospital room and saw my brother using baby hair detangler and combing the knots out of my sister's hair that she had gotten from laying in bed for so long.... and then my daughter arrived and she took the other side.
My favorite people standing there behind my sister combing out her hair as she laid there in pain. 






The bonds that were formed and the relationships that were healed right along as my sister's physical condition was healing was monumental. A lifetime wish and part of our journey together....

I am Grateful!





Kimberly R Lifestyle by Design 
Designing a life with grace and ease 

2 comments: